Licensure Renewal Update as of 6/28/21:
The Governor of the State of Nebraska announced that the COVID 19 State of Emergency expires 6/30/2021 (11:59 pm).
License types that were deferred per Executive Order 20-10 will have their expiration dates extended to 10/31/2021 and must be renewed by that date.
NOTE: If the license has already been renewed, this deferral and extension does not apply.
Within the next 30 days, the Licensure Unit will send a post card to those licensees that have not renewed, advising that they will have until 10/31/2021 to renew.
To renew go to https://dhhs.ne.gov/licensure/Pages/License-Renewals.aspx. After the renewal processing is complete, the license will reflect the next regularly scheduled expiration date . A wallet card can be printed to verify the renewed license at dhhs.ne.gov/lookup.
License Types with Renewal Deferred by EO 20-10 Include:
- Medicine and Surgery: Physicians (MD), Temporary Educational Permits (TEP), Physician Assistants (PA), and Acupuncturists
- Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery: Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (DO)
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA)
- Emergency Medical Services: Emergency Medical Responders (EMR), Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians (AEMT), Emergency Medical Technicians-Intermediate (EMT-I), and Paramedics
- Mental Health Practice: Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioners (LIMHP), Licensed Mental Health Practitioners (LMHP), Certified Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT), Certified Professional Counselors (PC), Certified Master Social Workers (CMSW), and Certified Social Workers (CSW)
- Nursing: Registered Nurses (RN)
- Pharmacy: Pharmacy Technicians
- Perfusion: Perfusionists
- Psychology: Psychologists
- Respiratory Care: Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Surgical Assisting: Surgical First Assistants
If you have any questions, contact our office and visit with Christina Engstrom at 402-471-2117 or email@example.com