Understanding & Intervening in the Problems of Families through the Lens of Attachment & Trauma.
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
People who feel the most secure in their early relationships have tremendous advantages in life. Not everyone is that lucky and they struggle with feeling more anxious and insecure, disconnected, and angry.
Parents who may have attachment related trauma can learn to identify and overcome the effects of their own experiences and so give their children a better emotional start to life than the one they had themselves.
By gaining a clear understanding of attachment and the obstacles they are facing, you will be able to help your clients overcome their difficulties and create stronger bonds with their children.
- Understanding the four ingredients of secure attachments
- Obstacles to Secure Attachment.
- Attachment Trauma—what it is and what contributes to it.
- Repairing and Overcoming Attachment related issues
You will leave the workshop prepared to:
- Learn the family therapy component of the Integrative Team Treatment for Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP)
- Help parents in methods that help heal and integrate their child’s brain.
- Learn to utilize techniques to remove shame and create new insight.
Register Now - Early Bird 15% discount for registrations before Sept. 22nd.
08:45 - 09:00 - Registration & Check-in
09:00 – 09:15 – Introductions
09:15 - 10:45 - Morning session Pt 1
10:45 - 11:00 - Break
11:00 - 12:30 - Morning session Pt 2
12:30 - 1:30 - LUNCH:
1:30 - 3:00 - Afternoon Session Pt 1
3:00 - 3:15 - Afternoon Break
3:15 – 4:30 - Afternoon Session Pt 2
4:30 Complete Evaluations & Collect CEU Certificates
About the presenter:
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma resolution and attachment problems in children and adolescents. She co-founded The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska. Ms. Armstrong has co-authored books, articles, and chapters related to EMDR and trauma in children and she has presented her expertise nationally at numerous professional and parent conferences.
6.0 Hours of CE for LIMHP / LMHPs, including the required 2.0 hours of Ethics CEUs
Coffee, Doughnuts and Lunch provided.